Maillu Prajadharana Ashramam Brief Details
Prajadharana Social Welfare Society was established on 25th May, 2006 at Regadi Thanda Village, Zaffergadh Mandal, Warangal District by a group of social activists who are form rural back ground headed by Gade Inna Reddy as president with a view to take care of the orphan children by providing basic needs of shelter, food, cloths, health and education. The founders were observed the problems of orphan children and by going through the history of the world, they form a view that greatest people in the Earth in different fields were/ had the back ground of Orphans life and down trodden. Based on this view, they taken decision to contribute their time to do something to the Orphan children welfare.
The unique activity of the Society is sending each and every Orphan child who takes shelter in the Maa Illu Asramam ( Name of the Shelter) to the Schools, Colleges, Universities, PG centers, CA institute and etc for higher studies based on their interest and encouragement by the founder members of the Society.
Our organization started with 32 children in 2006. Since the inception, every year, Orphan childrens with age groups from 5 to 25 years are getting admitted to the Society Asramam referring by different groups of society like NGO’s, Police department, Help lines, Journalist, Hospitals, Social Activists, Govt officials and likeminded people. Currently there are around 277 members are taking shelter and education facilities. Out of them 158 are girls and 119 are boys.
Joining criteria to the Society shelter is they should be Orphans and No cast, creed, area criteria are entertained. Anybody can refer about the orphan children and society will take care of them. Children are from several districts in Telangana State and Andhra Pradesh mainly and few children are from Orissa, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and one child from Nepal.
- The organization “Maa Illu’’ was launched with an intention that orphans should be diverted properly on the right track. They should stand on their own legs.
- Maa Illu has been putting efforts to the orphans who become the victims of bad habits.
- To create an atmosphere in the home to reside with brotherly and sisterly affections.
- Maa Illu offers the children parental love and care which is not known to the children since childhood. As they are deprived of Parental love and even due favour from their kin & kith.
- Providing them with education and Trainings
- Our main aim is to get fundamental rights for them.
We educate children according to their wish which builds up their future as good citizen of India. We are providing them with education by admitting them in different government schools, colleges and some private schools and colleges. They are at their various levels of schooling ranging from K.G to P.G.
Children in the society shelter are studying various courses based on their interest viz M.Sc Mathematics, Bachelor of Physiotherapy, MCA, B.Com, BA (journalism), Nursing (GNM), B.Pharmacy, Engineering, and IIIT in Bhasara, Polytechnic, MLT Courses, Chartered Accountants, and Vocational Courses and other are doing jobs in different areas in different fields.
In the same campus of Prajadharana Ashramam, Junior & Degree Colleges are running with a strength of 500 members by giving food for outers in the noon. Along with Intermediate and degree, we are providing vocational trainings. All these are being done with the Philanthropic attitude of the Patrons and the Donors. Our organization desires to march ahead with many goals.
Our main aim is to get fundamental rights for them. Since 6 years we conducted many national campaigns in state level & National level. Brought G.O’s for the benefit of Orphans. (G.O 47, G.O.34, G.O.30, G.O No.452) Since last two years, on 28th august of every year, we are celebrating birth days of 72 children whose birthdays are not known as combined birthday in the presence of the VIP s in the society who achieved their position today with the back ground of Orphan or down trodden or poor with a view to encourage all these children. And till May 28th 2016 we completed 10th Anniversary.
Apart from above, to create awareness of social knowledge and being part of their studies we have taken these children to various places and encouraged them to participate different activities, some of them are listed below:
Educational & Social tours:
- In 2007, we have conducted a tour to fort Warangal, Ramappa, Laknavaram.
- In 2008, trip to Hyderabad to visit famous tourist locations like Golkonda fort, Nehru Zoological Park, Lubini Park and Museum.
- In 2011 tour to Delhi for 7 days.
- In 2012, we have visited Visakhapatnam for holiday to see various places around city like beach, Araku and some other places on the root.
- In 2013, we visited some places in and around Warangal like thousand pillars temple, Ramappa Temple and Laknavaram Lake.
- In 2014, we visited Haailand Theme Resort in Guntur, Surya Lanka beach, and Durga temple in Vijayawada.
- In 2015, Visited Hyderabad for 4 days.
Activities on Orphans Rights.
- In 2009, at Noma Function Hall, about 1,500 children joined our children for the demand of Orphan Rights which was successful.
- In 2011, our children were first to get Orphan recognize certificate, our children are first to get that certificate in India.
- In 2011 at Jubilee Hall in Hyderabad we conducted seminar on rights of orphans, with 60 other NGO's
- In 2011 we conducted national seminar in Delhi to highlight to focus the orphan rights in Central level. We made a campaign with the help of other NGOs in Thamilnadu, Orissa and Delhi.
- In 2011 we started Intermediate college for Orphan and Semi Orphans with hostel and Day Scholars.
- In 2012, we have participated in a seminar on Orphan Rights at Andhra university, Ambedkar hall and participated in a rally along with 20 other NGO’s from Jagadamba center to Collectorate.
- In 2008, with help of American Cancer Hospital we have conducted a free medical and health checkup.
- On November 10th 2013 we have opened a Maa Illu Prajadharana Hospital and we conducted a free medical and health checkup
- On 5th December 2013 with help of American Telugu association and Maa Illu Prajadharana Hospital and we conducted a free medical and health checkup
- In 2013 Maa Illu Prajadharana Hospital has started a free eye checkup for the children of ashram.
- In 2013 Maa Illu Prajadharana Ashramam and Hope Trust Society distributed Study Materials to Class Xth Students (Orphans and Semi Orphans) in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh arounf 16000 children.
- In 2014 with the cooperation of Blind Control Society, Maillu Prajadharana Vaidhyashala Staff conducted Eye Operations for the Poor and Old People with 5000 around Warangal district.
- In 2016, we started Free Tailoring Institute for 18 and above years womens in Prajadharana Pranganam in the Name of Prajadharana Skill Development Center.
- In June 2016, we are going to conduct Eye Oeprations for the Poor and Old People.
Our organization is completely depended on donors in the society. Keeping in view of the above welfare activities which are being conducted by our Society.